|CCCS Seminar Room|
Level 4 Seminar Room
- The seminar room is to be used for research purposes only and for occasional non-regular meetings and not for weekly meetings or gatherings.
- It is not available for undergraduate teaching purposes.
- A person from the area booking the room must be nominated for AV responsibility and for taking care of the key for the duration of the time to ensure the security of the room is maintained, as Centre staff will have other commitments during the booking time and will not be available to assist with AV. It is advisable to pre-arrange a time to collect the key and then access the room to run through AV to familiarise participants with the AV operation. Please contact Centre staff to organise a mutually agreeable time to access the room as Centre staff are not always available.
- There will be no bookings outside normal Centre hours of 8.30 - 5:00, during weekends, or public holidays.
- It is not possible to provide a break out space for morning or afternoon teas, or socialising on Level 4. People wishing to have a social function after or before their seminar would need to consider The Mezzanine Level 3 of the Forgan Smith Area or the Great Court cloisters as a place to provide refreshments to seminar participants. The Centre doesn't have the space or facilities for 30-40 people to have refreshments, so please plan to cater for your seminars using your existing arrangements.
Level 6 Meeting Room
A meeting room on the 6th Floor of the Forgan Smith Tower (Building 1) is available to be booked for occasional meetings by members of the UQ Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences research community. The room seats 12 people comfortably. One wall of the room has been intentionally painted white to allow data-projection, but users should be aware that the room is naturally well lit, and during the day projections other than those with large, light-coloured lettering on a dark background will be difficult to see. If PowerPoint is a significant part of your presentation, it might be better to consider the Level 4 Seminar Room (detailed above) as an alternative. Please note that the Meeting Room is not equipped with a data projector and if required, will need to be supplied by those using the room.
All bookings must be made by emailing CCCS Admin. When booking the room, please provide details of the meeting, the expected number of attendees and any other relevant details. Contact details for the person responsible for organising the event should also be provided.